By Geoff Pick, CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=14193773
Detail of St Pancras and the Emperor Diocletian, from Queen Mary Psalter, England (Westminster or East Anglia?), c. 1310-1320, Royal MS 2 B VII, f. 249v
The Church of St. Pancras, West Bagborough
West Bagborough village is on the south-west slope of the Quantocks, and the two small hamlets of Triscombe and Shopnoller are included within the parish boundary. To find us using sat. nav. our post code is TA4 3EG
The Church at West Bagborough is dedicated to St Pancras, whose Feast Day is 12th May. The church is a restored 14th century building, nestling into a steep slope adjacent to Bagborough House. It was beautifully decorated in the 1920s by Sir Ninian Comper. It seats 200, in two aisles. It has an excellent 200-year-old organ, and a tower with a ring of six bells. Access to the church is either by an uphill footpath from the road, or from the driveway of Bagborough House (by kind permission).
The style of worship is rooted in the Catholic tradition.
There is an interesting account of the life of St. Pancras here